πŸ“±πŸ“± Emergency Power πŸ“±πŸ“±


Q
. What were you thinking when you first found out your partner was pregnant? A. My first thoughts were a bit scrambled.  Joy, anxiousness, pride, uncertainty.  I was so happy when we found out though, I just knew we would make it work. Q. Whose idea was it to go to Planned Parenthood? A. It was her idea, she wasn’t sure if I was going to rise to the occasion and be able to provide the support and stability her and the baby needed.  Because I knew it was her choice, I maintained a supportive stance while explaining my preference and willingness to commit so she would consider what I had to say instead of just going in out of spite. Q. What were your thoughts as you entered the parking lot? A. That I should have tied her up and not let her go anywhere near the place!  Obviously, that would have done more harm than good for everyone involved but that honestly was what I was thinking. Q. Did our presence and/or the signs make an impact on your thought process? A. Yes.  To be honest, the initial response I have seen is that pro-life sign wavers are viewed as religious fanatics.  However, no one was out there when we drove into Planned Parenthood’s parking lot.  After we went in, there was a point that I was not allowed to follow her in.  My phone was about to die and I didn’t have a charger.  Thankfully, I noticed a security guard [Deshawn, RLCC’s hired security] next door that was doing something in his car.  I asked him for a charger and instead of refusing me or just giving me the charger to use, he took me in [RLCC’s building] to speak with Linda.  Her presence was like a wave of calmness and security.  She helped reinforce my conviction and fight spiritually for my baby’s life.  I was feeling so lost and defeated that I didn’t know how I was going to get my woman and child out of that horrible place. Q. What helped you turn the corner (from abortion to choosing life)? A. Right to Life being there at the right time gave me the strength to keep fighting for my baby and the conviction that I could comfort her mother and ease her fears. Q.  How did we help you with that process? A. You gave me the support network I needed to reassure myself and the mother of my child that we could do this, we can bring this baby into the world and provide her [they had a girl] with a good life. Q. How do you feel about everything now? A. I have gone from being an alcoholic that couldn’t face his problems to working three jobs and going to school fulltime.  As I am writing this I am preparing for my new career as the food and beverage manager for the Hilton Inn.  I’m 28 years old, so it’s not like I was on this path; the only reason I am not sitting in the bottom of a bottle somewhere is because my daughter has given me hope for a future and a purpose in life.  If she had been taken from me, I would never have gone through this transformative phase of life.  She saved me that day, every bit as much as her mother and I saved her. Q. If you could share any thought with a father in the same situation outside Planned Parenthood, what would it be? A. Keep fighting, but fight with your partner against the problem or obstacles, not against each other.  Create a list of concerns and systematically address them; if you have a plan, it’s easier to see things turning out well.  If you have any concerns or are struggling, find support!  Right to Life has been invaluable in providing access to a network of people and organizations whose jobs are to assist and provide support.  If you feel you are lacking something that your baby needs, these amazing people will work tirelessly to help you meet that need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog