Surprised by life

😊

We often think that one event ends at the culmination of that specific occurrence. We celebrate small victories, and we grieve over endings. I think it is important to remember that life is a journey filled with directions and events. This has certainly been true with my experiences within the pro-life world. It truly is life and death work. It is hard, really hard when a mother-to-be walks away saying she has chosen to have an abortion. It is almost impossible at that moment to keep in mind that she may, at a later time in life, choose life because of our conversation. 

The flip side of that has been my experience with the moms who do choose life for their child. These are the mothers we celebrate with. These are the moms that keep us motivated. Several of these new, young moms have been motivators in my pro-life work AND in my life in general. This confirms my belief that we need to work on building a better community of support. We all need support. I have had the honor of being allowed into many of the lives of new mothers. Several of them message me frequently. Most times the message is a simple hugging emoji or a smile. Other times the message is a genuine “how are you doing” or “is there anything I can help you with?” The best messages begin or end with “I love you.” Whenever I have these message exchanges I cannot help but think, “faith, hope and love, the greatest of these is love.” Each and every time I receive any one of these messages I am surprised–by life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog