Back to “normal”πŸ˜•

I watched a big new SUV drive up and two women get out. It looked as if the women were mother and daughter. I offered flowers and literature to them, and the older woman waved me away in an angry manner. A few minutes later she went back to the vehicle, started it and drove towards the driveway near where I was standing. I waved and encouraged her to take my literature and I also pointed at our signs that say only encouraging things. I shook my head sadly. I did not know for sure what the situation was, but I’ve been doing this long enough to recognize the actions and reactions in that parking lot. I was sure what it could have been.

A little while later the younger woman came out of the building, and I offered her a flower. She walked over to take it, enabling me to ask her a few questions and ultimately asking her if she'd like to talk in our Outreach building. She admitted that she wanted to talk. I led her over, and we spent over an hour talking about her situation. The other woman was in fact her mother. She is 18, pregnant, and a twin. Her twin has an 11 month old daughter. Her boyfriend was originally in favor of them having the baby, but the night before he told her he'd rather things go back to normal. Although her mother`s friend begged her not to abort, because she`d had an abortion and regretted it, she asked her mother to drive her to Planned Parenthood. I talked to her and then dialed Sarah up to talk with her. We helped her see past today and into what the future could look like. 

While we were waiting for her mother to come back, I asked her if she prayed and she responded saying she was a Christian. I asked her if she'd felt any change of heart while we were talking.  She said yes, that she thought she'd keep the baby. I said that clarity came from God. She agreed, and I walked her out.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog