Who would have thought🤔🤔

When you work for a goal that seems guided by the Holy Spirit there are perks and roadblocks that aren’t the same as other types of work. If you are not careful, you can run right into the road blocks and run right into them. You miss the blessings while you are consumed by the road blocks. I try to be aware — acutely aware. Sometimes even when I am trying to be aware the evils run right through me. These evils can come in many forms. Sometimes they are hecklers. We don't always know what our words do to others. Sometimes, the seemingly strongest person is actually the most sensitive. I can take a comment or gesture to bed with me, and mull it over endlessly, letting it overshadow any good that has happened. This is something I need to work on, because words, gestures and facial expressions are how we communicate.  We have to be our own armor and our own vessel of discernment. This process helps us with recognizing the blessings. It helps us let the blessings rule instead of the burdens or roadblocks. Working in front of a Planned Parenthood usually requires working in an area that is not desirable. This is where the clinics are so that they can prey on the population that is least suspecting. These areas are often the homes of the people who live on the street or the sidewalk. It is also the place where we have an opportunity to make a difference. I am on the sidewalk now as much as I am anywhere at any given time during the week. I had a choice. Actually for me it wasn't a choice, it was an opportunity. I have taken the opportunity of my location to get to know my neighbors. In doing so I have made a few friends. One of the friends I've made has changed my life for the better. This friendship has required me to think about how to manage our relationship. I know that being on the street is an unsafe place to be, and of the risk to life because of the environment and the life choices that frequently bring a person to the street. I had an opportunity to choose not to allow myself to worry or fret. Instead, I chose to love and to live. In exchange I have received a blessing. The blessing is getting a glimpse of what God sees in all of us. He sees us for who we are, and not what we are. It goes both ways for my friend and I. I see him for who he is in his heart and soul. He sees me not as I want to appear, but he sees my heart and says so. I try not to feel his pain. That isn't what he wants. I appreciate our conversations. I appreciate the blessings they bring us both. I know he feels the same way. I hope I change his life for the better and I think he knows he already has done that for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog