The Journey


Watching “our” new mom, Aleyda has been so inspiring. For all of the horrible things going on in the world she has shown us hope. She has shown us her hope and she has given us hope and encouragement to carry on in this fight for life. She has been brave, humble and gracious all at the same time. We have been amazed, humbled and honored to participate in her journey. We stand in awe of this young gregarious and joyful ,beautiful young lady.

Aleyda entered our outreach building about eight months ago after I encouraged her to come talk to me. I reached out with the promise of a flower and some information and she trusted me enough to come talk to me. It has been such a joy getting to know the tiger inside this person who was so scared at that moment. She has gone from not knowing what to do or how to do it to I WILL do this. As she said, she has gone from abortion minded to “pro life” without even having a full understanding of what that means. It has appeared as if it is an instinctual process. To see her change from thinking her baby was a burden to loving the child within has been amazing in every sense of the word. These two females are our next generation of hope. Aleyda for her bravery and her baby because she will be well loved and cared for. 

When Aleyda approached me her voice was trembling and she was fearfully honest in telling me she was pregnant and did not know what to do. We walked over to the outreach building and introduced ourselves and our stories. It was obvious that we had a nice connection . I sensed her trust and did my best to respect that with honesty and sincerity. I believe there is no other way. She poured her heart out and I scooped it up and gave it back to her so that she could share it fully with her baby and her partner. This is exactly what she has done over the past eight months. She has loved and allowed herself to be loved by me and by Sarah and by the staff of Right to Life and Obria and by so many others. 

We are coming into the home stretch for her. She’s a few weeks away from her due date. She is nervous like any new mother about to give birth but she is being brave using positive self talk. She's telling herself things like “women have given birth since the beginning of time, I know I can do this”. She is having her partner read a birthing book to her at night to prepare. They are both going to birthing classes and parenting classes provided by a pregnancy care center. Right to Life just finished hosting a beautiful baby shower for her. She has all of the mother and baby could need and she has the heart and soul that only mothers have. She will, as she says, have her baby and her dreams too. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog