The way things goπŸ‘πŸ‘ŠπŸ’—

We met over a year ago. She was 20 and pregnant. I am a pro life advocate. She is now a young mom. I offered her a flower to encourage her to come talk to me. I could see she was upset and I wanted to see if I could help her. I'm told the flowers make me look more inviting. She walked over to tell me about her circumstances. We spent several hours at our outreach building talking about all of her options and finally inviting the baby's father to come in to also talk. During our conversations I could see her changing the way she thought about her crisis pregnancy. She went from feeling overwhelmed and burdened to feeling like she could go through with the choice of life for her baby. Once she understood she was indeed carrying a life she began to express a feeling of desire to protect and love her baby . We made plans for her to get a sonogram at Obria Medical Center. We met there a few weeks later. I was allowed in during the sonogram. She says that when she heard her baby's heartbeat all doubt and fear floated away.

  

Later Aleyda invited me to the birth of her baby. I was there with the baby`s father and Dr Holmes, the Obgyn and member of the board of directors for the Right to Life organization that I work for. We cheered her on. We laughed and then we all cried as the miracle baby arrived. We were in amazement with the circumstances in which she presented herself. The crisis and then the slow realization that she wasn't actually a burden but that she was a gift. She is now a joy for all involved.

 

Aleyda and I continue our journey as friends, employer and employee now that she works with me. Sometimes she brings Adealina and sometimes Adam, Aleyda’s partner, watches her so that he can bond and give Aleyda time. We work together in the workplace and also navigate life. So many people have contributed to this ongoing miracle in so many ways. Some have contributed financially. Some have contributed with support through text and phone calls. My daughters have contributed by making her feel welcome. She will keep going on her way through life knowing she is loved and knowing that she has loved. This is how things should go in life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog