πŸ˜‡ Miracles 

We talk about miricles. Most of time when we think of miracles we think of something BIG happening like war stopping or someone coming back to life. We forget about the little miracles that happen without really identifying them as miracles. We forget that what is wonderful and awe inspiring in our world is also the substance of miracles. It is the answer to a quick prayer. It is the answer to a mission that has long been well thought out. It is hope in tangible form. 

The other day I was part of a miracle. I didn't know it at the time and even now it's hard to believe but what other explanation is there? I watched someone is being pressured to have an abortion and the pressuring person comes to me and tells me to mind my own business. A little later the mother to be walked into the Planned Parenthood. I've lost the war, I think. There are two women heckling me. I usually go into our building at his point becuase I think I have lost the war. This time something kept me out on the sidewalk. This mom walked out of Planned Parenthood and straight up to me to ask what I was about. God`s mirculous work began. I had an opportunity to invite her into our outreach building to explain. I explained that Right to Life as an organization and as a mission, that I represent, is about supporting women who are experiencing a crisis pregnancy and need help, hope and support. I Asked her if she wanted a hug (totally not my usual question ) and she said “yes please, I really need one and haven't had a good one in a long time”. After that she unfolded her story and later invited her partner in. 

I asked her partner if he thought he might like to talk to a male about his situation and he said yes. I called our past president of the board and he let her partner talk about his fear and concerns and began to help him navigate. 

At the end of an hour or so, they were smiling and laughing a little and then taking pictures for us to send to our prayer warriors and supporters. We all need to know how a little hope goes a long way. We all need that hope and reassurance are the substance of miracles. It reminds us that miracles exist.  You can find an example of a miracle on our website. They are 13 weeks pregnant with a baby girl who already has a name . 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog