๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถTwo made the difference 

I met her outside of Planned Parenthood.  She was visibly pregnant. We talked for a while for  about 15 minutes. She didn’t want to have an abortion, but she felt like that was the only thing she could do. We talked about the fact that she was late for her appointment. We talked about how she walked straight up to me without much coaxing. We talked about how that had something to do with her faith and her listening to God. We talked about so many things.  I thought she was changing her mind.  Then she said thank you for trying to help and she turned to walk towards the doors of Planned Parenthood. I didn’t think I would see her again. Abortions done when someone is as pregnant as she was take hours of time. The day went on with several other discouraging situations where the guy wanted to keep the baby, but that the girl didn’t.  I’ll admit at a certain point I went into the building and I cried a little. I wondered what I was missing. Was  there something else I should've  said? Was there just something I should’ve known?  A few hours later I was standing on the sidewalk and out she came. I didn’t know what to say.  Then she shouts  “guess what girl I’m having twins and I’m keeping these twins so let’s go in the building and talk about my options’. I'd explained while we were talking earlier that I had several resources for her. She asked on our way in, what kind of resources I had.u have. So we walked in had a snack, talked and  I loaded her up with all kinds of resources. I gave her some gifts from our organization, including a double stroller, and we got her farther down the road to choosing life. We’re keeping in touch. She has a hard situation. She has three other kids and she lives with her mom, but she is insistent that she wants to keep these twins. She said the determining factor was there was something about having two, and not just one that made her think she couldn’t have an abortion. We did talk about adoption, which is an option. It’s an option for everyone.  At this point she doesn’t feel like that’s what she wants to do. We will continue to keep in touch. I text her every few days to make sure she’s OK. She responds once in a while. She’s not feeling well. Not surprising considering she's having twins. We'll try to meet up for lunch when she’s ready. She’ll tell you that part of choosing life had to do with her faith in God that she actually knew deep down abortion wasnt right. Most of the moms in crisis feel this way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog