πŸŒ‰πŸŒ‰πŸŒ‰Building bridges


It is my opinion that communication through peaceful honest conversation can change the world. I think we have become so polarized from too much information and also too much information. This has led to a world divided into camps or teams. This in turn has caused a situation where we can't have calm conversations about big issues. I'd like to see us go back to this so that we can support each other when need be. 

One of the big issues right now is the issues of prolife vs prochoice. Sadly influencers of every sort for social media to politicians target populations beginning at very young ages so that by the time someone is faced with a crisis, they have most likely been influenced in the direction to benefit an industry or a political party. 

The other day I had the opportunity to hear the story of a mom in criss. She told me of her experience with work at the abortion facility. The mom planned to have an abortion. She felt there wasn't another option for her but she was so sad about this decision that she cried while talking to the worker. Fortunately the worker told her not to go through with it if she was certain. She told her she shouldn't if she thought she was going to be regretful. As a result of this conversation she ended up in front of me. I was able to offer her compassion and guidance and prayer with the help of two others involved with our organization. 

I thought this knowledge would be something I could use to continue to bridge the gap between our organization and the abortion clinic. The next time I saw the director of the abortion clinic I called out and told him I wanted to give him a compliment. I thought this might be a great chance for me to get more insight into the workings of the clinic and also for me to keep building the bridge to our organization by creating a trust situation. During our conversation I complimented the worker on her consideration and I also had a chance to tell him what we actually do. I was able to tell him that we do offer help along the way as long as the mom needs it. The help includes the baby shower, maternity clothes, resources for food, other clothing, diapers, job resources and even housing and a pro life clinic. 

The director seemed happy to hear that we did offer resources etc but he also welcomed the chance to talk about all the things that his organization does. Regardless of which camp we sit in, knowledge is power and communication is key. We are a little closer to a more peaceful place now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog