πŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨Man to manπŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨ 


There is a saying about not knowing who is watching you. Today proved this to be true. I have been standing on the sidewalk in front of Planned Parenthood day in and day out for about four years. For about two of those years I`ve had a security guard standing with me. I have always thought he was great. In fact he is one of the reasons I can do this job that is sometimes full of angst, frustration and sadness. He is funny, kind and loyal to the cause. This was never more clear than the other day when he took an opportunity to talk to another guy experiencing a crisis pregnancy with his partner. On this particular day a man walked up to our security guard and asked if he had a place for him to change his phone. He explained that his partner was inside Planned Parenthood possibly seeking an abortion and he wanted to be able to keep in touch with her. He was visibly shaken. Our guard thought allowing him to charge his phone would be a good opportunity for me to talk to him so he came to get me and we led him into the outreach building to talk. He spilled out his story and I gave him words of encouragement and advice to ultimately go into Planned Parenthood to get his partner with words from God that he prayed for. In between that time I suggested he talk to our guard who was in the building with us. Our guard, upon hearing me say this, started talking to him and  told him a few things on the man to man level that were so inspiring that later that night our man in crisis sent a message saying our guard was a hero and probably saved his baby. He did go in and get his partner and they left with our guy giving our guard the thumbs up sign. We have since then been in contact with him to help him navigate the issues he is dealing with during this crisis and we are hoping that down the road we will be giving another mom a baby shower. Meanwhile we are all grateful for the gift of our security guard.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog