๐Ÿผ๐ŸผBeacon of Light  ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿผ

Q. What were you thinking when you first found out your partner was pregnant? A. I was anxious and terrified.  I didn’t think we would be able to afford a child or have the ability to give them the life and opportunities they deserve. Q. Whose idea was it to go to Planned Parenthood?  A. Mine; my partner was very much against it. Q. What were your thoughts as you entered the parking lot? A. I felt a heaviness as we entered the parking lot, questioning if this was the right or fair choice to make. Q. Did our presence and or the signs make an impact on your thought process? A. They impacted my partner very much.  Enough for her to speak with you [Linda] and eventually after some convincing to speak to me as well. Q. What help you turn the corner (from abortion to choosing life)? A. The passion you had, and the availability of other men and mentors who have been in my same position.  The avenues of opportunity your organization offered was and is immense. Q. How did we help you with that process? A. You gave me guidance and resources to use, as well as a sincere word that you would help us.  Not only with making the choice but in supporting us afterwords with a baby shower, gifts, job opportunities, and even financial support when we fell behind on rent. Q. How do you feel about everything now? A. I couldn’t be more grateful for how it all turned out.  My daughter is the light of my life, my motivation on tough days, the joy in my mornings, and the smile at the end of hard days. Q. If you could share any thought with a father in the same situation outside Planned Parenthood, what would it be? A. There are other options and opportunities.  But there won’t be another opportunity to meet, raise, love and cherish this child.  Nothing has motivated me more to be a better person, partner, and man that the choice to keep my daughter. Q. How could we have done anything differently to help the situation during the crisis? A. I think you did everything well.  You were persistent without being overwhelming, empathetic to the situation, and took the time and effort to connect with us in our time of need.  You also didn’t leave us to the wind after Ellison was born.  Your continued support has been a beacon for us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog