🙏Truth Talk

Things dont always go well on the sidewalk in front of Planned Parenthood. Today was a glaring reminder. The truth of the reality of the definition of a bad day as an advocate needs to be known. It is the only way we can begin to  win the war. It is my opinion that until one actually sees the truth of evil it is hard to believe it exists. The abortion industry is pure evil disguised by a vale of deception. It is an industry that makes money by killing the next generation. It`s an industry that destroys families. People who are pro choice choose, yes, I said choose, because “choice” is what the pro abortion movement is all about, to look away from the truth of what is happening. Death by abortion is happening every single day. Appointments to abort a baby at 16 weeks gestation are happening every day. In fact I watched it happen today. 

The mother in this situation is 19 years old. She has a job at Amazon and is so conscientious about health that she wore a mask while talking to me outside the abortion center. She has been taking care of herself by going to a doctor several times for this pregnancy. She haqs a boyfriend who knows she is pregnant with his child. She has a mother and a sister. She says they dont know she is pregnant even though she is visibly pregnant. Her sister has been taking her to her doctor appointments. I asked her what changed in her life for her to walk up to an abortion center. She said it's complicated and shrugged her shoulders. For a few minutes she cried. For the rest of the 20 mins she said almost nothing. I talked about all of the consequences, physically, emotionally now and in the future. At the end of the conversation, even after seeing a photo of a baby at the same stage she was in her pregnancy, and even after listening to a vivid description of a second trimester abortion, she went in the doors of the abortion center. 

Ironically I`d just made a presentation to the board of directors earlier today.  talked about the fact that when I first got the job as an advocate my mission was to have an opportunity to talk to the girls and women in crisis. I wanted to be a vessel if so chosen. It`s a chance that I wouldn't have otherwise had. This exclamation was tested today. I thought of it as a little slice of humility. In my fallible humanness, it feels like it was an empty opportunity. A friend said I now know a little bit of how God must feel every time we turn our backs. Thankfully we have the gift of faith and prayer. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog