πŸ‘ The lashes πŸ‘


I don't know if this happens to other people when something traumatic is happening. For me, little details stay with me. Details like the temperature of air or a song playing in the background, I notice what a person is wearing. This time I noticed something unusual. I noticed a young girls false eyelashes. I was talking to her about the abortion she was planning. Her lashes were flickering and barely staying on. I couldn't help thinking how fragile this made her look. I was so sad for her. She was so seemingly young. She was talking about her high school graduation right around the corner . I knew she had no idea how this decision was going to affect the rest of her life. I could see she thought it would clear her slate so that she could pursue her dreams. She made statements about how she had dreams of becoming a teacher. I talked to her about how I see women all the time after they've had an abortion who say it was the worst decision they ever made. I asked her to talk to her mom. I asked her to pray on the way in. I told her my story. I watched those little false eyelashes flicker, barely staying on and I thought, there goes a young girl who not only lost her childlike innocence but also her child in the blink of an eye ...lash. She walked into the abortion center intent on getting an abortion. We didnt see her after that but I think of those lashes. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog